From a specially selected group of industry experts, international trade press and beauty journalists, six inspirational and influential hairdressers – the cream of the British hairdressing industry who have fulfilled the criteria – have been nominated for the most prestigious title in hairdressing – British Hairdresser of the Year.
The nominated hairdressers are;
– Andrew Barton – the current British Hairdresser of the year, Andrew is The Artistic Director of Saks. This is Andrew’s fifth consecutive nomination.
– Antoinette Beenders – a previous winner of British Hairdresser of the Year in 2004, Antoinette is Global Artistic Director of Aveda.
– Errol Douglas – this Knightsbridge based salon owner and previous winner of Afro Hairdresser of the Year, has his 11th nomination.
– Akin Konizi – Artistic Director of the hob group of salons, and 2005 London Hairdresser of the Year, this is Akin’s second nomination.
– Angelo Seminara – based at the Trevor Sorbie salon in London, Angelo has previously been awarded Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year in 2000,2003 and 2004. This is Angelo’s second nomination.
– Phil Smith – owner of 22 Toni & Guy salons and a three times winner of Wales & South West Hairdresser of the Year, this is Phil’s fifth nomination for British Hairdresser of the Year.
In the British Hairdressing Awards history, there have only been fourteen hairdressers who have been awarded this revered title. They are – Trevor Sorbie, Anthony Mascolo, Irvine and Rita Rusk, John Frieda, Andrew Collinge, Nicky Clarke, Charles Worthington, Umberto Giannini, Beverly C, Mark Hill, Antoinette Beenders, Lisa Shepherd and the current British Hairdresser of the Year, Andrew Barton.
In 2006, after being nominated four times previously, Saks’ Andrew Barton, was ecstatic when he won the coveted title.
“I couldn’t believe it when my name was called out, I was overwhelmed and delighted – winning the title has been the highlight of my career!” said Andrew.
Jayne Lewis-Orr, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief of Hairdressers Journal International, was delighted to announce the nominees. “British hairdressing is viewed throughout the world as being creative and inspiring and all of the 2007 British Hairdresser of the Year nominees live up to that expectation. The forthcoming months are going to be very exciting, we have the first round judging of the regional and specialist categories, followed by the announcement of the six finalists within nine regional categories and the six specialist categories. Within that time, the British Hairdresser of the Year nominees will be preparing their portfolio, which will be judged with the regional and specialist categories in October. I wish everyone involved the best of luck, and as past winners will confirm, winning a British Hairdressing Award really can change your life.”
The British Hairdressing Awards 2007 is presented by Hairdressers Journal International and sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional. The winners in all sixteen categories, culminating in the premier accolade, British Hairdresser of the Year 2007, will be announced at a fantastic star studded awards ceremony and dinner at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London on Monday 26th November 2007.
For press enquiries on the British Hairdressing Awards please contact Alison Jameson, Neill Mabbott or Rachael Ross at Alison Jameson Consultants on 00 44 131 621 7210, fax 00 44 131 621 7215 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org