“During fall, homeowners spend more time indoors and begin having more guests over as holidays arrive,” said Kyle Lessard, owner of Eternal Plumbing Solutions. “Now is a great time to take early action to make sure their plumbing is ready for heavier usage during the fall season.”
Eternal Plumbing Solutions provides the following tips for avoiding plumbing disasters this fall:
- Take care of drains and toilets – Never pour grease down a drain, as it can cause severe clogs and odors. Instead, allow it to congeal and then simply toss in the trash. To prevent clogged toilets, only flush waste and toilet paper. Sanitary wipes, personal hygiene products and other similar items should all be thrown away.
- Maintain the disposal – Garbage disposals are meant to pulverize small bits of food and keep the drain pipe clear and flowing smoothly. Sometimes large pieces of food or debris can become lodged, resulting in backups and poor disposal performance. Consider regular use of all-natural cleaners to keep odors at bay, and contact a professional if an inspection is required.
- Check for leaks – The toilet already accounts for more than 26 percent of the home’s water usage, and a bad flapper can result in leaks, wasted water and higher utilities bills. For an easy test, place a drop of food coloring in the tank. If the color is gone after about ten minutes, a leak is likely. Make sure to flush after testing to prevent staining.
- Flush and inspect the water heater – Before the water heater begins working harder during the cooler seasons, it is best to flush out any sediment that may have accumulated and decreased the unit’s efficiency. A flush can be performed by closely following the manufacturer’s instructions, but having a licensed and insured professional perform the work is recommended.
- Know where the cutoff valve is located – If a plumbing disaster does strike, it is critical to stop the flow of water as quickly as possible. Learn where the various valves in the home are, especially the main cutoff valve, and consider having a professional tag them all for easier identification.
For more information about preparing your plumbing for fall, please call 1-702-712-0838 or visit www.eternalplumbing.com.
About Eternal Plumbing Solutions
Eternal Plumbing Solutions is a leading plumbing and drain company serving residents and businesses throughout Las Vegas and Henderson. Serving more than 5,000 customers during their first year alone, the plumbing and drain service has maintained an A rating with the BBB, a 4.7 rating with Google and a 4.9 on Facebook by always placing the needs of the customer first. Regarding customers as family, Eternal Plumbing Solutions backs its services with its signature ear-to-ear smile guarantee. For more information, call 1-702-712-0838 or visit www.eternalplumbing.com.