The award ceremony will be held in the Metaverse Space, a virtual recreation of Hiroshima’s Peace Park – the first of its kind in the iconic city. The participants will be able to virtually visit and move around the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and interact with videos in the virtual space.
Young people joined the campaign and created a 60-to-90-second educational video showcasing their ideas for sustainable peace and inclusive development based on youth participation and digital innovation.
UNITAR created the video challenge to spark online youth advocacy for global peace, especially using technological innovation, and to highlight the community-building and social-advocacy work of UNITAR alumni.
Winners of the video challenge will get free access to UNITAR training courses on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and free UNITAR mentoring to develop their ideas.
- Former UNITAR G7 Youth Summit panellists
- A.J. Koikoi, UNITAR
- Haruka Yasuda, UNITAR
- Benjamin Echikson, UNITAR
Video challenge guidelines:
- Tag UNITAR Division for Prosperity in the video (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter).
- Create an educational video that is 60 to 90 seconds long.
- Showcase your idea that focuses on the possibilities of sustainable peace and inclusive development based on youth participation and digital innovation
- Entries must be in English.
- Videos must be free or open license.
- Do not infringe copyrights, rights of privacy, intellectual property, publicity, or trademarks
- Do not showcase people or organizations without their consent
- Do not use violence, sexism, racism, messages that advocate restrictions on the rights of others, or other inappropriate actions like smoking and drinking
- The submission includes the agreement to grant UNITAR the right to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works.
For more information, please contact:
A.J. Koikoi, UNITAR Division for Prosperity
About UNITAR, Division for Prosperity
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) provides innovative learning solutions to individuals, organizations and institutions to enhance global and country-level action for a better future. Located in Hiroshima, the Division for Prosperity trains present and future change-makers from developing countries, particularly youth and women, so they may shape a more inclusive, sustainable and prosperous world.
Facebook: @UNITAR.Hiroshima | Twitter: @UNITARHiroshima | YouTube: UNITAR Hiroshima | LinkedIn: UNITAR Division for Prosperity | Instagram: @unitardivision4prosperity | TikTok: @unitarprosperitydivision