- As winter sets in, the recent spike in COVID-19 cases has brought renewed attention to the mental health crisis - dubbed by many as the “parallel pandemic”.
- Sadhguru (Yogi, Visionary and NYT bestselling author) has just hit 1 billion views on his Youtube channel. He is being lauded by leading institutions for his work, with his online mental health support providing easily accessible and scientifically proven support to millions worldwide.
- Sadhguru’s ‘Technologies for Wellbeing’ has attracted top universities such as MIT, Stanford, Harvard, and Oxford to invite him as a speaker on multiple occasions. Studies by the Beth Deaconess Medical Centre at Harvard Medical School and Rutgers University found these technologies:
- Reduce depression by 86%
- Increase emotional balance by 92%
- Stopped the use of mental health medication in 50% of participants
A Mental Health Pandemic
Over 300 UK healthcare workers attempted suicide last year. An April 2021 paper showed that as many as 43% of frontline workers are experiencing significant levels of anxiety.
The growing concerns about COVID-19 cases spiking further this winter in the UK are causing widespread anxiety across the country.
A Technology for Wellbeing
Sadhguru (Yogi, Visionary, NYT bestselling author) has been offering online mental and physical wellbeing support through scientifically proven programmes and his Youtube channel - which has just crossed 1 billion views.
His support is offered online through ‘technologies for wellbeing’ involving simple but powerful yoga and meditation practices. From frontline NHS doctors to teachers to Deliveroo drivers, Sadhguru’s practices are sparking a silent revolution of mental health transformation in the UK.
With thousands taking up these practices, leading mental health experts from the UK, including
Dr Adrian J B James (President, Royal College of Psychiatrists), are now discussing solutions to the mental health pandemic with Sadhguru.
Sadhguru has been an influential voice at major global forums including the United Nations and the World Economic Forum. He is regularly invited to speak at leading educational institutions including Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Stanford, Wharton and MIT.
Isha Yoga - A Simple & Accessible Solution
Research into the core practice in Sadhguru’s Inner Engineering programme, the Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya, revealed:
Throughout the pandemic, Sadhguru has had online conversations with leading public figures such as:
Scientific research into Isha practices:
We can provide sources for other stats upon request.
About the Isha Foundation:
The Isha Foundation is a global, non profit, volunteer run organisation founded by Sadhguru. The foundation is dedicated to raising human consciousness, and fostering global harmony through individual transformation. Isha is supported by 11 million volunteers worldwide. Since 2007, the Isha Foundation has held special consultancy status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council. Isha Foundation is a UK based charity (No. 1152417).
Sadhguru’s work has touched the lives of millions worldwide through his educational, socio-environmental outreach projects and transformational yoga programmes.
For more information on Isha Yoga, and Sadhguru, please visit: isha.sadhguru.org
Press Contact: George Khayat / firstname.lastname@example.org