The Four Divisions（Art, Entertainment, Animation, Manga）
• Art Division
Works of art created with new media and digital technologies.
Interactive art, media installations, video works, video installations, graphic art (digital illustrations, digital photographs, computer graphics, etc.), internet art, media performances, etc.
• Entertainment Division
Works for entertainment created with digital technologies.
Games (video games, online games, etc.), video works (music videos, independent and advertising videos, etc.), multimedia productions (including special-effects videos, performances, projections), gadgets, electronics, websites (including web promotion, open source projects), application software, etc.
• Animation Division
Animated feature films, animated short films, animated series, etc.
• Manga Division
Comics published in book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile), self-published comics, etc.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 (18:00JST)
• Works must be completed or released between:
Friday, September 13, 2013 and Tuesday, September 2, 2014.
* Works completed, changed, renewed, presented or released during the above period are eligible for entry.
* While an unlimited number of entries may be made, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions.
The entrant must hold the copyright of the submitted work. If the work is submitted by a representative, permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
* Each entrant must read, understand and accept the Rules and Regulations before submission.
* By submitting their work, the entrant is deemed to have accepted all Entry Rules and Regulations as stated.
Grand Prize: Certificate*, trophy, 600,000 JPY
Excellence Award: Certificate*, trophy, 300,000 JPY
New Face Award: Certificate*, trophy, 200,000 JPY
Special Achievement Award: Certificate*, trophy
Other outstanding entries will be chosen by the Jury as Jury Selections
(* Certificates will be presented by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology)
Organizer: Japan Media Arts Festival Executive Committee
Japan Media Arts Festival Secretariat [c/o CG-ARTS]
Ulrike Krautheim, +81-3-3535-3501 * 10:00-18:00 (JST)